Skills of daily living are a hot topic at our house, as my daughter has just finished her freshman year and is looking at wanting independence. Since she does school at home, learning her daily living skills falls on us. She loves to cook, and so we have been working hard to teach her simple meals and snacks. One of our favorite snacks is the Strawberry S’more Bar. Here is the recipe, the how-to, and a printable visual recipe packet to use with your own family.
Gathering the Supplies
A lot of these supplies most of us have readily on hand during the summer months. They include strawberries, graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate hazelnut spread. You will also need a butter knife, cutting board, plate, microwave, and possibly a pot holder. Our printable packet lists these things out and even includes a shopping list.
Making This Yummy Snack
- Begin by washing your hands (always pushing hygiene in our house).
- Gather all of the necessary ingredients and supplies (listed above or in the printable packet)
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stem. Then cut them into slices.
- Place two graham cracker squares on a plate.
- Spread chocolate hazelnut spread on one cracker square.
- Place a strawberry slice or two on top of the chocolate hazelnut spread. Then place a marshmallow on the other cracker square.
- Microwave for about 10 seconds or until the marshmallow is puffy.
- Remove from microwave and immediately put the two cracker squares together.
- Enjoy your Strawberry S’more Bar! Yum!
The Printable Packet
Below is the printable packet. This is just a piece of the Daily Living Skills program I am writing for my daughter. Please feel free to use this for yourself, but do not share it. Instead, share this post, so that your friends and family can also enjoy this yummy treat.